Pages

Thursday, July 02, 2020

Moving Along

Restrictions continue to lifted. We are able to travel a bit more. Just in time (<---see sarcasm). A trip to Yokohama would have been enjoyable but traveling there alone this close to my due day is unwise.

Speaking of the baby... She kicks. Hard. At times I believe she is practicing kicking balls around. She has taken my breath more than once. I have experienced cramps that have focused my attention one or twice but they have passed uneventfully so I continue about my day. I do tell her "Not now. Wait for daddy."

Her closet is already full with clothes. Far more dresses than I would care for but I will not complain. Especially since it is Jared who has bought most of them. They are very pretty and dainty but she will require clothing that is sturdier.  Given her kicks, I am convinced she will be athletic.

University is done for the summer. For me at the least. Having the summer away from school should give me enough time to recuperate and be ready for fall term. I still do not know what that term will look like. Some are hinting it will return to on-campus classes once again but others hint of continued on-line classes. I hope they set it soon. It takes time to set up classes and I do not wish to waste time on one method of teaching should they choose the other. Some will say plan for both. It is a logical suggestion, after all. Each method is very different from the other and it is possible to do both. Such short notice of what to do is the issue and the indications are they will settle exclusively on one or the other. There are aspects that must be met before the term begins but must be supported before planning may begin. I only wish they would decide very soon.

If it is going to rain, make it memorable. We are to have strong to severe thunderstorms over the weekend. I hope this is the case. I thoroughly enjoy watching thunderstorms. I can spend hours watching the lightening. Mind you, do not confuse my enjoyment of thunderstorms with enjoyment of typhoons. Thunderstorms are pretty. Typhoons are destructive. We are to have a couple of days of storms.

The downside of the storms is no fireworks tomorrow. That is disappointing. Several activities have been cancelled or postponed. Hopefully, the storms will not affect the reopening of The Italian Gardens restaurant. It is a favorite of mine. It has been so long since I have eaten pasta.

It is becoming brighter here as restrictions are lifted. It is becoming more "normal."

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad normalcy is returning...somewhat! I feel like all of 2020 is a bit of a waiting game, but we're making it through. I can't believe you're getting so close to baby time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this:

    "If it is going to rain, make it memorable."

    ReplyDelete