Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Bleh

Rain. As if that is not bad enough, humidity. I have only awakened and my house feels as a sauna. I usually love the sound of rain. It is only this storm comes from of the continent so the rain is warm. This will be the type of day that melts makeup. *sigh*

Fortunately, most of my activities will be indoors today. First activity is an FRG meeting. We will be beginning planning for this year's deployment. Seems funny to be making these plans for when the ship is gone while the ship is gone though it returns today. This meeting will focus on medical issues in the families and identifying what will be expected.

The ship returning today is good news. The bad news is it will leave again for some weeks. I hope it is very soon so they can return sooner. I am 31 weeks and any woman knows what that means. This time, I do not have the luxury of Mother coming to assist me. There is my friend Dorothy and I do have Miyuki so I will not be alone all the time. I will only have evenings but Chao lei has been a great help. 

I do dread Jared being gone, AGAIN, when I go into labor. When we speak of the ship's departure his face tells me their departure will be uncomfortably close to the date. I pray for his sake it is after even if only by a day. If he is gone, we will do as the last time and make do.

We have chosen her name and I must say I feel a small amount of guilt for a minor deception. In my defense, Jared did say it was my choice for our daughter. We have decided to name her as we did Chao lei having an English name and a Chinese name. Her name will be June Bao. In English her name means: June=Young and Bao=Jewel. The deception is that I first though of a fully Chinese name "Jun Bao." I had to search to find an English equivalent sounding name and found June. Jared is happy with the name so all is well though he did give me a "look" when I told him.

Now let us hope he is here for her birth. He should be allowed to be at one.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful name you've chosen for your little girl! I love how you decided on it, as well. Ryan and I always alternated with our children (although we had veto power). I chose Spencer's first, and Ryan chose his middle name - Spencer Bruce. Ryan chose Porter's first, and I chose his middle name (Porter Dean). I chose Mieke's first, and Ryan chose his middle name (Mieke Jean) haha I'm sorry he'll be leaving again soon though. Terrible timing. Ryan, too, leaves in under two weeks, though I'm not pregnant, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete