So much fun at one time. Jared is gone, we remain under restrictions and typhoon season has begun.
I seems Jared has departed on a long cruise. Again, Chao lei and I are alone. It is not the best of timing. I am 27 weeks. I know. I have several weeks remaining but given where the ship is, it will be several weeks before their return. I do not wish to this alone again. Also, unless travel restrictions are lifted before then, I will not have Mother here to help care for Chao lei. I am capable of doing it but help is always welcome.
We remain under restrictions on base. They are easing though. Hopefully soon we will be able to return to normal. I will assume though some behaviors have been permanently changed. We should be more conscious of general sanitary practices. I do agree with Mother that we can be too sterile though. If we strip away all germs, we will have a defense against none.
Now, to complete the fun, we are under TCCOR 5 (tropical cyclone condition of readiness) warning now. It is the lowest alert but can change quickly. It means a typhoon is POSSIBLE in 96 hours. It could also return to ALL CLEAR quickly. Much can change in that long period of time. I will only fret when it is TCCOR 2 when we have 24 hours. That means the storm is at the least close enough to affect us in some way, even if only with heavy rain. If one has their storm kit prepared, this is not an emergency but only an inconvenience.
Ok. Whining is done for today. Now I will go and enjoy the day as best I can.
You're allowed to whine! It's hard to do it alone. I remember being pregnant with Mieke whilst Ryan was deployed, and it was exhausting - both mentally and physically. Plus, you have added challenges with pandemic precautions and typhoon season. Praying for you!
ReplyDelete