Pages

Friday, July 24, 2020

Boring

Time in the hospital is boring. I hope they send me home soon.
 
The doctors say they will avoid surgery as best they may. I am 35 weeks so it is possible to induce now but I would rather June remains where she is until she is ready. I prefer the "little cookie" to cook completely before she is removed from the oven. I need only be cautious so I do not inflame my back again. Contractions continue but it is not labor yet.
 
Dorothy has inherited Chao lei until I am released. She has been a great help to me. I am fortunate to have her as my friend. Chao lei likes her too. She was the person to inform Jared of my predicament but also told him I will survive and not to fret. It is not as the Navy will bring the ship home because I am uncomfortable.
 
I have too much free time. One can only watch so much tv. My view from the window is beautiful but does not change. I have stared at my feet for hours. Despite any attempt to decorate them, they are ugly. Maybe fresh polish would improve them. No, the toes would remain crooked. I do NOT have a model's feet. I am not normally so critical. I have many scars I have had to learn to ignore. When one is left with nothing to do, though, it is easy to become critical of oneself. I have avoided having a mirror handy. I can only imagine of my appearance since I was removed from my bed after most of a night's sleep. The only hygiene has been to brush my teeth, which is not so easy to spit out toothpaste while on your back, and wipe my face with a rag.
 
Now we have a race. June Bao's birth before or after Jared returns. The ladies of the FRG have a pool. I wonder if I should pick a day?

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, Mei! I'm sorry you're stuck in the hospital. I imagine it's extra hard with Jared gone, as well. I'll be praying for your healing and a healthy birth for June when the time is right!

    ReplyDelete