My husband is not home but he is also not officially gone... yet. I can go to Chili's and enjoy lunch and see the ship a mere 1500 meters distance. It is frustrating to say the least.
The news of the Bonhomme Richard has set many nerves on edge. At the beginning, all that was known was a US Navy ship was on fire and there were injuries. What ship and its location was unknown. The "grapevine" being what it is, we heard it was this ship or that one, at this place or that. So we watched the ships at the docks for smoke. I confess even I looked to our ship for smoke. Receiving the "real story" made little difference to some. After all, nerves at times take time to calm. Now most of us have watched and continue to watch every piece of information about the fire. Spouses have drawn together to draw comfort from each other.
Some callous comments were made almost immediately. The most common on was of someone losing their job and that was commonly heard from young sailors. I do not understand their expressing that even before complete news had arrived. We have no idea what has happened. The fire still burns so it will be some time before even Navy officials know. It may well be negligence on someone's part will be discovered and that someone will suffer sanctions of some kind but now is not the time to discuss it.
The last few days, I have had contractions. After seeing my OB, he has recommended I do as little as possible. What does that look like with a bored 7 year old? Miyuki will be here during the day but it is not her job to care for Chao lei. I will have Dorothy at times but she has tasks of her own. It seems as this birth will be more difficult than the last one if Jared is gone. I am praying earnestly that he is here. If the contractions do not cease, bedrest is the next instruction. I have no idea how I would accomplish that. I will accomplish it though, with or without Jared being here.
About "I have no idea how I would accomplish that."
ReplyDeleteYou can accomplish anything, of course, but hopefully you have help. You certainly can use it.
You have more confidence in me than I do at times. Lol
ReplyDeleteOh goodness! Tell that sweet baby to stay put! I've been watching the news about the ship, and goodness, it seems as though tragedy abounds lately.
ReplyDeleteI did not understand this in the beginning but now I understand how the Navy is a close family and what affects one affects all.
Delete