Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Yay...ಠ_ಠ

Typhoon Gucho is coming! It is expected to be a Category 1 storm. It seems we are in TCCOR 2. That means "destructive winds are anticipated in 24 hours." That also means we are supposed to stay at home unless we are "essential personnel" until we are "All Clear."

I suppose it will be alright as long as internet or tv continue to operate. The base post recommends we "Break out the games for the kids, stock up on some movies, and make some popcorn." My question is, what if the power fails?¯\(°_o)/¯

What they fail to suggest is something for those who have no children and whose spouse is currently underway. I know. I am an adult and will think of something but the list of what to do is certainly shorter than what not to do. I can not watch the storm from my dining room door since it faces the storm. There is a hazard of breaking glass. I could likely watch it from my bedroom balcony but the view from there is limited.

Father's Day pot luck was fun.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Probably a good idea to get a hurricane kit (some candles, canned goods, bottled water (one gallon per person, per day, filling tub not a bad idea) flashlight, any meds, cat food, matches, battery operated or windup radio, can opener, beef jerky, books to read.

    ReplyDelete