Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Humour

I believe my english has progressed enough to enjoy jokes.

During my early days in America my english skills were sufficient to communicate at my work. Jokes did not go well with me. It is not funny if it requires explanation I was told.

Last night I finally "got it" with no explanation.

Lt and I were watching a movie. It was not a particularly great one but there was a scene in which the characters played "rocks, paper, scissors" to determine who would go to a meeting first. One chose rock while the other chose paper. Rock claimed to have won so paper must go first. Paper protested saying paper usually wins over rock why does he lose? Rock replied, "If you are outside with only a piece of paper and I throw a rock at you, who wins?"

See? Funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment