My Christmas was a happy one. Lt and I gave each other simple gifts.
Lt has decided he should golf with the other officers because it is good for his career. He has been forced to use the course clubs so I gave him golf clubs and shoes. The clubs he liked. The shoes he seemed less than thrilled with. I suppose learning his taste in shoes is something I will learn in time. I assured him I would not be offended if he returned them for a pair more to his style.
At the first Lt told me he believed I understood my car was my present. I attempted to accept the answer though I did not understand why he spent the weeks before speaking in mysteries of the coming Christmas.
His teasing did not continue long however. I was confused but it is a sensible thought. The car was a great expense. It seems my face betrayed my thoughts and he thought me near crying. He went to the window and waved. After a few seconds there was a tap at the door and the Commander and Dorothy entered then stood aside. Behind them stood my best friend Heather! I could not move my surprise was so great! Such an incredible gift Lt has given me! He has brought my adopted sister from the USA to Japan.
I believe to cause me to cry was his goal for the day. He succeeded. Before I could speak, Heather said to me "He went to Jared's" and handed me a box. I did not look inside it. I did not think to do so immediately. I could only think to embrace my friend. I confess one would have believed a teenage girl was at my house given the squeals from me. A person would believe there had been years since we had seen one another. It was some time before I was reminded of the box.
Inside the box I discovered a gold anchor pendant with USN written in silver. A diamond is at the top. He was listening when I told him of my desire to have something to always remind me of being a navy wife. It is another proof that I have chosen well my husband! :) I have not removed it since he placed it around my neck.
Another thing I have discovered. Heather is to be here for 3 weeks. I was not unhappy to hear of this but it was accompanied by other news which I will not speak of that does not please me. Perhaps at a later time I will speak of it.
I can not be the best tour guide to Heather. I have not been here so long as to know everything. I will show her what Lt and I have discovered so far. We will walk and we will talk. If there are other places or things she wishes to see the recreation office has many tours.When the visit is done it is likely there will be much time before we are together again.
I will always wear my necklace. I will enjoy Heather's visit.
I cherish my gift of Lt. I am content.

I should ask this privately, but did your husband ever live in Florida? I knew someone named Charles once, and he also went by the name of Jared.
ReplyDeleteI will ask him. :)
ReplyDelete