I am back to school this week. For how long is a guess. I have yet to see the Endocrinologist. They are supposed to call this week to schedule an appointment. This appointment will determine if I will be given the iodine pill that will result in my week-long isolation. This is the pill that is supposed to make me ill.
Whatever they do, I hope it is soon. It is getting to the time when it will affect Christmas. I do not wish to be isolated during Christmas and neither do I desire to be ill. If the effects do last five days as they say, then there are 13 days they can begin the treatment without affecting our holiday plans. I know. I am a navy wife and should be accustomed to plans being changed. I will also be missing for a week again while doing the iodine treatment so getting into a groove will prove difficult. I have to keep the instruction adaptable if for no other reason than the substitute will need to be able to assign work that makes sense and does not allow for an absence of substantial instruction.
Oh well. Fussing about it will not change it. I am sure they will consider the holiday being so close.
Returning to school, I will have a new visible scar and a still swollen throat. It looks as a man's throat but with an ugly red scar. I am told it will fade and they do offer a scar reduction therapy. We will see. There are many explanations of what happened, how does it feel, etc. to look forward to. Maybe I will wear a turtle neck. You know, out of sight, out of mind. Or a scarf.
I suppose I will establish a routine even if it is a strange one for now. Then Jared will come home and I can change it again.
Long ago, in the 1960s, when surgical techniques were less advanced than they are today, my mother had surgery to remove part of her thyroid. She had a scar on her neck for the rest of her life, but after some time it faded and was not really that noticeable. I am glad to hear of your continuing recovery.
ReplyDeleteScars are not my worry. I have too many to invest in worrying for one more. lol
Delete