Each day brings a better level of comfort that the day before. I can swallow reasonably well though they must be kept slightly smaller. I can eat dumplings and that is good enough for me. Pills are a different story. I can only take them one at a time. My custom in the past was all at once but since I cannot swallow liquids as fast, I cannot swallow pills as fast. and I have 11 of them to get down.
I have yet to see the endocrinologist. He is the one who will determine if I will take the iodine pill. I hope he decides soon so I can get the nausea over with quickly. I am tired of being ill. I am also numb on my right hand and arm. I was told this could happen and that I should take calcium tablets. I do but the numbness remains. I am not sure I can take more. Pills are my breakfast as it is. Now that I am getting my air back (I congested horribly from the surgery), Mother, the children, and I can begin going on outings. Maybe even the Lego Discovery Center in Tokyo.
Have you ever had a moment when , in your mind, you were a little girl again? I had that moment recently. I have an extraordinary mother. The way she has tended me after my surgery brought me back to my childhood. All good things must end though. Now she urges me on refusing to allow me to be lazy and to do those things I must. She is a Chinese mother, willing to tell me what I need to hear with no reservations yet doing so with understanding and love. She will treat me as her little girl but only when I need it. All other times I am her adult daughter. I strive to be just like her.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete