I hope to not have another one like yesterday. I do enjoy Thanksgiving. I tends to be quieter than the others.Yesterday was not a good holiday for me.
Of course, being only a week post surgery, there is the tiredness to deal with. I am just unmotivated or anything. I do not wish to be in bed except for when I wish to be in bed. This coughing must end soon.
The ship remains underway so that means no Jared. Funny how press releases say they have returned to Japan but the reality is they have only returned to Japanese waters. At least Chao lei and Jun had their waizumu with them to make up for my definite lack of enthusiasm for the day.
The absolute worst thing of yesterday was, for the first time in 15 years, I had no single sailor for the day. I does not seem to be Thanksgiving unless I have at least one for the day. I do not care for the idea that a sailor is alone on a holiday because he serves here and his family and friends are a thousand miles away.
I see the doctor soon. I will discuss how to get past this funk quickly. I do not care for it.
I'm sorry it wasn't the best holiday, Mei! I feel like we've had a few of those strange holidays during our time in Korea. There's a strangeness to be dealt with when the familiar is gone.
ReplyDelete