Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Day Before

 It is the day prior to my surgery. I am having mt thyroid removed because of cancer. It was discovered early so the likelihood of a complete is 99%. After they remove it I will have an Iodine tablet that will track down any remaining cells and kill them. I am told I will likely become nauseous for about a week and I will need to isolate myself during that week. I do not believe I will enjoy the time as my children will be kept from me.

I am fortunate mother is coming. She will arrive here in approximately four hours. Having my mother here has distinct advantages. She is a doctor so is aware of the restrictions I will be facing. She will also be able to explain to Chao lei the reason for the separation. He will be reasonable. Jun?  Jun will be Jun so it is only to keep her out of the room. Somehow.

I find it curious that some adults do not understand the idea of isolation. Did we not just come through a time of isolation? Can they have forgotten so quickly? Adults are asking for good times to come visit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I wonder if Mother will be able to tell them to return much later.

I will just be happy that it is over. I wonder if I will be able to enjoy mother's cooking.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck. I do hope you'll be able to enjoy at least some of your mother's food. Mother food is the best food when you're not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps small bite will permit me to enjoy her cooking.

      Delete
  2. I hope that your surgery goes well and your recovery is swift and complete.

    ReplyDelete