It is ten weeks and counting that Jared is gone. It is not a record by any means. That will be set in an additional eight weeks.
The drawback to reaching that record is my surgery is in three weeks. Mother will be here but mother is not Jared. Of course, if Jared does return prior to my surgery, he will enjoy mother's cooking as he sees to what needs to be taken care of. Is that not how it always works for husbands? I must do all with no assistance for weeks, yet he will have help doing what I have been doing alone. He has such an easy life. lol
How a school can have the same photographer but deliver pictures at different times is beyond my understanding. The pictures were taken on the same day. I have June's picture but not Chao lei's. Do they process them in some sort of order? It certainly is not alphabetical. Perhaps it is by grade and they began with preschool. I have frames that require pictures. Do they not understand this? I also have grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, demanding pictures.
Speaking of school, Chao lei's music class is having a performance. They will be performing a song called "Play That Funky Music." Really? There are no better songs to play? How will that sound on a violin? Chao lei is competent on his violin but even now I hear the piercing screeching of his violin as he practices what he has heard. I certainly hope the teacher has a plan that will do something to make the song ... hear able... I will dutifully listen to the final product and clap appreciatively when it concludes regardless of ear pain but I can not help think there has got to be a better song.
June has decided she will become a gymnast. For now. Who knows what she will decide to be next week. Last week she was a soccer star. I will support whatever goal she sets for her self but I do hope she stays with gymnastics. She seems a natural. She has already mastered handstands and walking on her hands. Her cartwheels are not horrible. She even pulls the cushions off the couch so she can do flips. We will see. Fingers crossed.
Second quarter has begun and all of my students seemed to survive the first quarter in one piece. I suppose a good thing of AP students is there are fewer cell phone problems with them. Speaking to other teachers I have discovered there is an epidemic of phone usage in class. I believe what contributes to this is we are not allowed to take away phones. I have not had an issue yet but my students have been warned I have zero tolerance for phone usage in class and I will immediately dismiss the offender to the office and they will get a failure for the day. It is my job to teach them. I will teach them their life is the result of their choices and their choices have consequences; good and bad. And, after I have been duly warned, I am prepared to take on parents that disagree. Conferences approach.
All in all, life goes well in our house. Now if we could just get Jared home.
Our school requires all student devices to be turned in at the beginning of the day, to be picked up at the end of the day. This is unusual in this country, I believe, but so beneficial for teachers who need the full attention of their students.
ReplyDelete