It has been one week and already I have a lost and found box in my desk drawer.
There are limited number of people in my classroom. I could probably think of who these items belong to but why should I expend the effort to do so? It has been only a week. But how do you not notice that you cannot see well because you do not have your glasses? When did the care and custody of their belongings become my responsibility? I cannot but sit back and snicker at their carelessness. I certainly hope they are not so careless in their studies. I have heard whispers of their concerns for gpa's.
So far as I can tell, I am considered a nice teacher. So far. They have only known me for a week. What would they know of me? There have been no quizzes or exams yet. Of course, that is to be reconciled Friday. I will inform you of any change in status then. lol
I have learned it is good to study the school calendar well. In my classroom scheduling, I have scheduled quizzes in all but the language classes. That requires grading to be done over the weekend. Expected. Not expected, I have been scheduled to be the SAT proctor on Saturday. There will be a morning test and an afternoon test. It seems my quiz grading will be done that evening and Sunday afternoon. And I do not have Jared to assist me with the children. Totally my fault but ARG! It is tempting to postpone the quizzes though.
Mother has told me she intends to visit now that CoVid has tamed a bit and restrictions have eased. An advantage is I live off base so there is no need to do extra military paperwork for a Chinese National to visit my home. She must only satisfy the regular visa requirements of Japan.
Jared hopes he is home when she visits. He loves her cooking as much as I do. I suppose my Chinese/American fusion attempts fall short sometimes but if I only prepare Chinese food his face begins to say, "Oh no. Not again" and he begins to find reasons to eat in the ship's galley.
Chao lei and Jun enjoy their schools. Jun to the point I get jealous. If it were not for child locks on the car doors, she would have the door open before I am even stopped. I need to discover this magic they use.

No comments:
Post a Comment