Last week was more pleasant than I thought it would be. I had myself expecting it ti be a bit of a nightmare basing my expectations on the input from others. It ended up being nothing close to what I had imagined it to be.
I should not have expected anything else. Advanced students tend to be more adult like in their behavior. They have goals and are intent on achieving them. Anything that does not get them to their goal is generally ignored. I have what I suppose you could call class clowns but their clowning is usually reserved for times that do not interfere with the subject at hand. No, they are not perfect students so far. But they are extremely well behaved and focused.
I had some veteran teachers try to help the rookie teacher and caution her of unruly students she will face. To be honest, I am left wondering why they are teachers if they really believe the things they were telling me of the students; calling them military brats and spoiled little @$$holes. I understand there are those few who certainly fit the descriptions exactly but, so far, they have seemed to be a rare creature.
Chao lei is as I knew he would be. He feigns a lack of interest in school when I inquire of his school but every now and then he forgets himself and I can hear the excitement in his voice. Even when he is not so excited to talk, I know better.
Jun is unashamedly thrilled with school. I need not ask her of her day. Before the door of the car is closed and I have said hello, she is telling me what I believe to be every single moment of her day so quickly, it is often difficult to understand what she says.
With both of them, it is difficult to not smile as they speak. I hope this does not change. At the least, not too soon.
The sandals are working exceptionally well during the day. My feet are not aching at all. I will need to order more before I wear these out prematurely. It has been many years that my feet have felt as good at the end of the day asa they do now.
No comments:
Post a Comment