It is day 2 of high school A "B" day to be precise. The schedule here will require getting used to. I have one set of students on an "A" day and another set on a "B" day. It seems the mathematics classes are one day and science/language are another. I can accustom myself to students having classes on different days since most of my classes are AP classes. Mandarin and Japanese classes are the exceptions.
I met all of my students yesterday. They were as I imagined they would be on the first day; wide eyed and unsure. I tended to receive rather intelligent questions from them but I have discovered my class clowns already. More may appear after they discover how I deal with these first two.
Jun was unsure of her preschool/daycare. While not clingy or tearful, she was somewhat reluctant to be left there. Who could blame her? I was leaving her with strangers in a strange place. Today, she was anxious to get there. I almost felt abandoned as she ran to her classroom with such glee and no apparent thought of me.
Chao lei was, well, Chao lei. It is school. He is happy to see his friends that he has not seen much of all summer but now he must settle into the "boring" routine of school. At least he does well being as bored as he claims he is. I suspect he is not as bored as he claims but keep up appearances with his friends.
To be honest, I am somewhat glad school has begun and we are all busy now. It is not that I do not wish to be with my children. I enjoy that very much. It is only that now I have something to do. All day. And with coming deployments, they will occupy my, and the children's, mind. There will not be extended times to dwell on absences.
No comments:
Post a Comment