I suddenly awake with a feeling that something has happened and it is not good.
I have not done this for several years. It was more common when Jared first became Navy. I did not know what to expect when he was underway. I thank my former homeland for that. It was only sabre rattling but one cannot expect normal behavior from China sometimes.
I could have understood this type of behavior a week or so ago. Jared was sailing in the South China sea and very near Taiwan. But he is home now. As I woke with a start, I felt him there right next to me. That did not comfort me.
Still having the feeling, I got up to check on Chao lei and Jun. They were were sleeping and well. Chao lei was easy to tell since he has a slight snore when he sleeps. Jun is more difficult. In the dark, one must feel for the rise and fall of her breathing. She sleeps very soundly. Wherever she falls to sleep is where she remains until she wakes. Chao lei? Not so much. It was somewhat comforting to give each a small kiss on their cheeks knowing they were well.
Still, I could not return to sleep so I got up and checked online base resources for something wrong. Nothing. The Ombudsman's site is usually very quick to post news but it was clear of any catastrophes. It seems all is well and my feelings are unfounded. that is a good thing.
I suppose I will just consider it an overactive imagination that I must ignore, return to my bed, and hope was an isolated occurrence.
No comments:
Post a Comment