Pages

Friday, September 16, 2022

Hospitals are Wierd

Am I the only person that thinks that when they send you reports, they should give the results in an understandable way? 

I had my biopsy done and received a report withing an hour that stated I had a procedure and how they performed it. I was there. I know how it was done. I was told of each step, why it was being done and what to expect as they did it.

The day after, I received a "Final Pathological Diagnosis." I would have believed that this report would have said cancer/no cancer. I was incorrect. It said "highly suspicious" And a note from my doctor telling me I was being referred to the thyroid surgeon so we can "determine for sure" if it is cancer and how we might treat it.

I am ok with facts. I believe I do have cancer. Why can they not say it? Fear of over reaction? They would eventually have to say the words. Why not say them early and be done with it so emotions do not interfere with decision making? This is not one of the "big scary" cancers from what I understand of it. It is cancer but it is a 99+% curable one. Since mine is so early, I have confidence of a full recovery. Yes, there is that 1% chance but I prefer to focus on the positive and assume it will be cured.

I told Jared the results this morning. I almost regretted it. He wanted to return home but to what purpose? Childbirth is more dangerous than this particular form of cancer yet he did not come home for that. There is no reason for him to come home now. The Navy is fickle about its captains and prefers them aboard a ship not home nursing a wife they did not issue him.

It is off to the surgeon next to determine for sure it is indeed cancer and then, what to do about it.

2 comments: