Pages

Friday, September 23, 2022

Hey, It IS Japan!

I was hoping the weather would cooperate with an outing today. It seems that will not be so. This is Japan. Of course there will be rain. I had only hoped it would be a light rain. 

Not so. We are in a "Heavy Rain Warning for Ground-loosening." I knew we were not going out this morning before I looked to the weather because I could plainly hear the rainfall. Looking out my windows I could see the small rivers of water flowing past.

Father up the road they have been warned of mudslides so I watch for muddy water flowing past us. We are not in the danger area (so they say) but I will take Chao lei and Jun on the base if the hillside seems to sliding.

Now the task for me is to think of something to occupy the children. Nothing is scarier than bored children. Yu Kids Ai Land is an enclosed play ground with ball pit and other obstacles. It is a reasonable option. It is only ¥600 (about $4.50) per child. Adults are free with child. 

I have some craft items. I even have small craft kits but how long will those last? I suppose we can fill time watching movies while eating popcorn. With a VPN, we are able to stream Disney channel or another streaming channel. AFN is not so good for entertaining children. Unless they prefer football then it is more than up to the task.

I will think of something to keep them from becoming restless. I must hurry. they will awake any moment.


2 comments:

  1. "Ground-loosening" definitely doesn't sound good. And is definitely not good for keeping children entertained. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would be content for me to allow them to play in the rain and puddles.

      Delete