Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

A Strange Forecast

I suppose it is typhoon season so we must accept the impending. While we are not under TCCOR warnings (typhoon warnings) we are to expect gale conditions (winds of 32-60 mph). We have gale warnings for Tokyo Bay and Sagami Bay. We live on the peninsula between the two. Can they have different weather? I can see both from where I sit right now.

It should make school interesting. I have been warned that "My homework was blown away" will be a common excuse for the next couple of days. Despite the best attempts at warnings, some will lose their homework to the winds. 

Chao lei and Jun have backpacks for this purpose AND I drive them to school so their time in the wind will only be the distance from the drop off to the school door. Should I discover either have attempted this excuse, they will discover their mother can determine make up homework in addition to redoing the teacher assigned work.

Speaking of mothers, mine has determined her time to visit me. She has decided she will come October 16 and stay a few days. The children are excited for it. She will bring things of China they do not get here. It is very likely she will do the cooking and I will be required to learn from her. That does not bother me. It means I get to eat very well cooked food and a lot of it. Jared will not be pleased if he is not home for it at least a short time.

It is Autumn in Japan. Gone are may days of sunshine. The days will mostly be soggy and cool. Hiking boots will require lugs. Unless you thrill at slipping and sliding. I suppose it adds to the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment