Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day

I usually enjoy the day very much. This year I believe I will not. This year Lt is away.

So, what will I do with my day? I have no classes for that day so I will be able to do as I wish. I will have Chao lei obviously. I had hoped to discover what a couple does when there is a child. That must wait for another year.

In the morning of the day I will open Lt's gift for me that he had seen to before he left. I promised him I would wait though it has not been easy. I came near to opening it on several occasions; usually when I was thinking of him. I resisted the strong urges... so far. I must also remember that gift box is not necessarily the size of the gift. He finds humor in deceptive sized boxes. I received a bracelet in a box that would fit a large book in a box that would fit my computer in a box that would fit... you get the idea of it. It is enough to say the outside box would fit my clothes washer. I fear Chao lei will be required to become accustomed to this strange tendency.

For the remainder of the day I do not know what it is Chao lei and I will do. It is supposed to snow through Saturday so playing at the park is not an option. I tried to play with him in the snow already. He enjoys looking to it but has no desire to be in it. He attempts to climb my leg if I put him down. It may be we remain home and play together. We could play his favorite game of leading me about the house, pointing at something and asking "What that?" Or we could chat with each other. He is very expressive with his hands as we "talk."

Perhaps later I will treat us to a visit to Sbarro's. Perhaps not. We have dined out often so that he may begin to believe his mother cannot cook. We can go to A&W for a float. Yes, that is better. Chao lei loves root beer (credit for that is to his father).

I suppose we will see what the whole day will hold. Of course, the day I truly worry of is Chao lei's first birthday. It is sad enough Lt was not present for his birth. He has missed enough firsts. It is my hope he does not miss this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment