Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Two Weeks Until...

There are only two weeks until mid-term break. I am eagerly anticipating this time. Lt has promised he will be home and we will go to Okinawa for a week.It seems there are attractions there he wishes to show me and he says he has saved money for it. He speaks of staying on base where it is less expensive.

What Lt does not know is I have faithfully set aside our savings of moving from my first Japanese house to on-base. He has not looked at the bank and I have not seen fit to tell him. There will be enough for the week of sight seeing, lodging, and a rental car.

Please do not think ill of me for not having told Lt of the extra money. First, he is grown up and may see the accounts anytime he wishes. Second, he would scold me for not having spent it on myself or Chao lei. To be sure, Chao lei nor I lack for those necessary things. We are clothed well and we do not starve. It is only that I buy what is needed.

What is the reason for buying Chao lei more toys than he is able to play with? What is the reason for buying more clothes than I can wear? We are happy and healthy. Is it possible to need more than that? I think not.It is sensible then that I save the money for a special time.

So, it seems I must find a cat sitter. I hope to find one that will sit at my house so that Yuki is not in unfamiliar surroundings but I will do what I must. I must also tell my violin students of my coming absence and prepare exercises for them while I am away.

All that remains is for Chao lei and I to remain healthy for the next weeks and begin to organize what is needed for our trip. It is sure to be enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting for your upcoming trip!! With the two of us, I'm the only one who pays close attention to our finances and accounts, so I can imagine the same scenario occurring for us, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting. I totally agree about not spending just to spend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete