I tire of this snow. There is not supposed to be this much snow so close to the ocean. I do not care to go outside in it. Chao lei does not care to go outside in it. That is unfortunate for both of us since I must go to the University and he must go to the daycare center. Is it too early to begin longing for summer?
Lt remains underway. It is strange to think to oneself that their husband is "out there" somewhere and will be for an unknown length of time. I suppose it could be worse. I do know a woman who cannot be sure her husband will return from work each day because he is prone to "unannounced departures" and has no means of communicating with him when he is gone. At the least I know when Lt will depart and am able to communicate with him occasionally.
Chao lei has taken to having serious conversation with me. He babbles for lengthy periods then looks to me for a reply. If I seem to be inattentive he is sure to get my attention. At other time, he simply asks "Shénme?" In English it means "What's that?" (I have warned Lt if he is not here his son may learn Chinese first) When he asks of something, usually he points to it. But my concern is that other times he attempts to touch or grasp it. I have certainly learned that in the commissary the cart must stay in the center of the aisle or Chao lei will grasp enough to fill my cart. He has already pulled an entire display to the floor. One might believe keeping him in my baby back-pack when shopping would eliminate this. One would be wrong. Only a moment of inattention an he will have his hand to something. That display I spoke of? He got it when in the back-pack. I have determined it is safer for me to keep him in sight at all times.
Chao lei is also daring. It seems he has not learned fear yet. To see him dive head first from the seat
to the floor is terrifying to me. Nothing I do dissuades him from doing it. He has eve taken to climbing from his bed. At the beginning, when he was ready to rise he would fuss to let me know. Now he simply climbs out ad comes to find me. It is unnerving to know he has developed this skill. While Lt is gone I prepare his sleeping area inn my bed. It is much closer to the floor and at the least I am able to isolate him to my room so he does not wander about the house.
What I know is this, if he is silent, he is up to something and if we are shopping he is securely fastened in the cart and the cart is in the center of the aisle. I would rather hear him fuss for not being allowed to stand than face the humiliation of another store display pulled to the floor.

He is too cute!!! :)
ReplyDelete