Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

One More Week



There is only one more week to finish the term. It has returned to the crazy rush that is end of the session. Otherwise intelligent and adequately organized students ask many questions that should have been asked before now. Why they wait until such late times is beyond my understanding. Does it not make more sense to ask when the question first arises? 

I have been preparing for our trip to Okinawa. We will be staying in Naha. Our room is booked as well as a car. I am also researching the area to discover what sights there are to visit. I have not packed our luggage yet but it does require restraint. Since spring is approaching in the Pacific it will be most important to bring rain coats.

Not a sight I enjoyed.
So beautiful
As strange as it may sound, I hope there is a small storm at least while we are there. Most prefer sunny and warm days at the beach. I do enjoy those days but I also enjoy it when there are storms. I would spend hours watching the storm waves crashing to shore when I was home in Oregon. My favorite inn was in Depot Bay where the windows were large and you could see the entire bay front. For me, it was calming and peaceful. Yes, the waves approached with such energy but the waves would leap into the air with such grace and beauty. I have been told Naha is not so rocky as Oregon but there are some rocks for waves to crash upon.

Whatever weather there is, I am sure we will enjoy ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment