Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Walk?

I had thought to take a morning walk. Since it has decided it will snow I have changed my mind. Instead, I will curl under a blanket with a cup of tea and a book.

I was reading another blog and wishing to see snow as she does where she lives. Well... perhaps not so much as she but at the least a little. Imaging my surprise to look out my window and see snow falling!

An interesting note... As I was beginning to write this entry I was interrupted. A young door-to-door sales woman was my first visitor this morning. I must say she seemed eager to begin her day as she knocked on my door only an hour ago. For you that would have been 7 am. She was exceptionally cheerful as she showed me her wares.

I discovered she is fund raising for her school. I have had these visitors at home before. Usually they were selling magazines or chocolate. It seems the choices for fundraising are greater here in Japan. I have always thought the choices for American schools was narrow. I believe they should follow the Japanese example and find more products to sell to a wider market.

A magazine subscription is hard to sell to me. Most of my reading of a magazine sort is done on-line. Chocolate, on the other hand, is difficult to resist! The nieces at home always came to Aunt Mei first since they rarely left without most of their stock being sold! Thankfully, their sales efforts were infrequent else my wedding dress would have to have been made from much more material than it was and my Lt would not have been able to lift me!

It was an interesting interruption of my morning. I hope your morning was as interesting as mine.

What was she selling? Women's underwear! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment