After reading another blog I have decided there are things my Lt needs to know. I am posting it so that while he is gone he can read it and remember.
My patriotism could out-do most of your men... I am proud... VERY proud. My car will wear a “I Love My Sailor” ribbon as will yours if you are not observant! A visit to personnel is in order since I need a pair of tags for my mirror.
You may find I have a new song that reminds me of you every week. It may even cause me to cry now and then, even when you are here. Get used to it.
I am sure that soon I will know the base and town better than you. Don't take it personally. It is only natural.
You need speak of deployments and under-ways once. Say it clear, and do not speak of it again.I will remember the time, the dates. They will be engraved in my mind. Do not remind me.
You are my hero. I am proud of you. I feel as a princess every time I look to you. I stand amazed at my fortune.
When you are away do not worry of waking me if you are in port and get a chance to call. My day will always stop for you.
You must leave at least 3 of your shirts... You must wear them once. I will wear them all the time and if I do not wear them out I WILL wear them to sleep. If you are not to be with me then your smell will be.
It does not matter what I have been before now. I will become more capable. I will get through it with tears or not. Please do not believe my new found strength means I do not need you. When I am in your arms I remain your Mei Mei, soft and sweet.
When we have children they may see me as “the boss.” Do not worry of this. They will know you are Poppi. They WILL know you. They WILL respect you.
Many things in my life will become complicated so I may not understand what to you is a simple thing. Please be patient with me and explain it.
I will always do my best to look good on camera for you but this is just a pastime until you get home. Be prepared for ponytails and comfy pants when you do get home.
When the ship is under way my favorite sentences from you will begin with "when I get home."
Always remember, no matter how much I change, you are the world to me. I love you more than anything, and you will ALWAYS be my hero… whether you think you are one or not.
Hopefully his time at sea will pass quickly and safely. It is fortunate that you have a fine feline to keep you company while he is gone.
ReplyDeleteI almost hesitate to leave a comment on such a document. It is wonderful, and full of things he needs to remember. Thank him for his service to our country! You'll miss him, of course, but you'll do fine.
ReplyDelete