It was a short under way but a successful one!
Lt's ship has returned from sea trials. I will have him again for a short time. Admittedly, five days were not many. Longer times are ahead.
The return was without any special ceremonies. They re-entered the port in a snow storm. I will admit I did not exit my car until I saw Lt on the gangway and even then I rushed him to the waiting warm car before even so much as a kiss. I will make up for that later. ;)
Lt's mood is high. He has finally been to sea with the "Big Navy." He eagerly awaits his first under-way that is a mission and not sea trials. Me.... not so much.
Lt took pictures. I will show them when I am able.
I too have been following your blog :) Even though I haven't been blogging myself. I can imagine how sweet of a feeling it was to have your LT home again :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and congrats on going back to school!