Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Decoration

Recently, Lt asked me if I have ever considered piercing my navel. He says he is not asking me to. He only wishes to know.

I have not thought of it. My ears are not pierced why would I have thought of it? I am cautious as to what is done to my body. It has been pierced already.

I suspect, with the inevitable baring of mid-sections that occurs beginning in spring, Lt has seen some attractively decorated navels. Perhaps he is only curious what it would look like. I know. It would look as if I have placed jewelry upon an alligator. For me it does not matter how you dress the scars. They remain scars.
This is not self pity. Self pity will not cause them to go away. It is only being honest with myself. I am not ugly. I only know what should remain away from view.

Having said this, I believe Lt is curious. Before doing anything permanent or enduring any unnecessary discomfort, I wonder if there is some place I can find quality temporary jewelry. It seems funny to speak of "clip-on" navel jewelry but if they make it for ears, why not the navel?

If temporary is something Lt would enjoy then I would do something more permanent. After all, if it pleases him a little more then he will please me a little more. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I think I have seen temporary clip on navel jewelry. I think a little hoop that clings to the lip of the belly button ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The temporary seems much less painful than the permanent.

    ReplyDelete