Just as the gray of constant rain begins to over take me, the sun looks through the clouds. It is a short break but at the least there is to be one.
I find myself thinking Lt should not show himself to be so excited to get under way. I know he is. It makes me smile most times to see him so. His conversations are more animated. His frustrations of being in port are more easily seen. Here is an example: The Navy has invited a civilian chef aboard to mentor the ship's galley staff. Lt believes this is a great idea. It means better food. But he complains why can he not do this while at sea.
It is not kind of me but when I tire of hearing this particular complaint I remind him this same chef has just completed mentoring the galley staff aboard the George Washington while it was under way. It serves to silence him. I allow him to find his own conclusion as to why I point this out.
I am sure he will overcome his enthusiasm before future deployments or at the least curb them. It is my hope.
It's understandable that his enthusiasm would both delight and sadden you. I would suggest telling him so that he doesn't mistake your feeling for something else.
ReplyDeleteHopefully the sun makes more appearances soon. It's snowing here this morning.
Ah men. They get focused on something and do not see anything outside that until nudged.
ReplyDeleteThe adventure of it all will wear off soon and then he will lay in the ship and long to be by your side...wondering why he was so excited to leave :)
What kind of food do they normally serve on the ship?
ReplyDeleteLaoch... I have been told the meals aboard ship are of restaurant quality. I know the military dining facility on the base is excellent. I would compare it to a nicer buffet in Las Vegas.
ReplyDeleteKat... I hope this is so. Not for punishment but so that he will learn to temper his joy by remembering not all of us are so happy of it.
Zeri... I do not miss snow. We have had some. I believe there is a small difference in weather here. It does not rain as long but it does rain more. The sun seems to shine more often too.