... I did not know so much could happen to a network in such a short time.
I would understand if the network were being completely removed only slowly. There are many incomplete changes to my work. I will admit the changes are completely text book. It is unfortunate that text books do not account for the world outside of school.
This is the hazard I attempted to communicate to Big Boss at the interviews. A new school graduate will attempt to follow the text book with no considerations for the practical. The text book is not a bad thing. It gives the foundation that experience builds upon. As you cannot live in the confines of a foundation and call it your house, so too you cannot be a new graduate and be called a network administrator. I began as a network technician. It is best to start there.
For the now I will redo what work is necessary. I must begin by building a LAN so the engineers at the least may communicate.
My first challenge was new engineer. He has told me that since I am not an employee, he need not do as I say and may do as he wishes with the LAN. Imagine my smile. It is all I could do since it is illegal to beat him with a convenient keyboard. I reported the exchange to Big Boss and told him it seems he does not need my assistance since new engineer has everything under control. I told him I will return to "visit" him in the afternoon.
We will see if his disposition is more calm after lunch.
Engineers like flexibility, so usually we like to maintain a good relationship with the network admin. I don't understand why your "new engineer" is making trouble.
ReplyDelete