I have discovered the origins of extra cows in my pasture.
They belonged to a very old neighbor who has died. His family sold his farm and cows not knowing of a fence break that allowed four cows to move to my pasture. They will arrive today to remove three. The fourth they are leaving as payment for the fence. It seems I will have a bbq before I leave!
I find I must also do something with Peevey. Obviously I can not leave him in the pasture. It would not be fair to ask Cherry to care for him. I must face selling him.
I have also come to the most horrible of things I must do. I must leave Nangua behind. I am not able to bring her with me. She would spend many weeks in a cage while she is quarantined. There are also very many fees to pay. Then all would be repeated upon our return. It is not money I worry of. If that is all there was I would gladly pay it. I only fear of the terrible loneliness she would face not understanding the reason. All she would know is I have left her alone. I will leave her with Amanda. They seem to get along well with each other. Amanda is here often so she will be a familiar face and smell. I have offered the parents to live in my house in my absence but they have not replied. The hope is Nangua need only adjust to new people without adjusting to new surroundings.
My truck I have already given over to Jared. He has earned it. Much free work he has done at my house. It is the least I can do for one who worked for no other reason than I was "Aunt Mei Mei."
The nieces now argue who I should give the car to.
No comments:
Post a Comment