Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A question asked

Today Big Boss called me. He wishes my return.

It seems the replacement that was hired is not performing as expected. The network is in disarray. There is equipment failure. There are unhappy customers who must now work through translators.

I can not speak of any surprise. This person was not my recommendation. It is not that my choices are always best. Only in this case it would seem my choice would have been better.

Big Boss choice: fresh BCS degree, no real world experience, male, English only.

My choice: some coursework in network administration, 3 years experience assisting with a network, female, fluent in Mandarin, Japanese, and English.

Which would have been your choice? I will not speak of the obvious.

For significant compensation I will "rescue" his system. Unfortunately, a wiser company has employed my choice. I will assist him to locate another qualified candidate.


1 comment: