What is the purpose of a flu shot when you get flu anyway?
I have spent the last several days holding my blanket close about me, then pushing it away for being too warm. I have used more tissue this week end than in all the month before it. I drink liquid medicine that lacks much in taste, unless you prefer bad tastes then it is more than adequate.
Poor Nangua and Fat Luey have visited for snuggles but have been turned away since they are so hot. I have often been awakened by one of them perched atop the blankets when I am under it. If I am not under the blanket they sleep at my face. They complain when I move about seeking a comfortable place. By their looks at me I should feel guilty for making an inconvenience in their life. Mother Bing and Cherry have seen to their needs. I think I have spoiled them.
These are the same thoughts of my work. I am telephoned each day to see how I feel. One would think they have never been without me. Each time I offer to bring my flu to them. They decline the offer, then ask of this system or that system. All the education represented in this office yet it seems they find it difficult to press a switch.
At the least, I am made to feel needed.
we haven't heard from you for a while and when we did, you are sick. poor Meilian. where is Coastie when we need him? is he dependably cooking dinner for you?
ReplyDeletethere is really no cure for flu or common cold, isn't that a shame? stay in bed, drink lots of OJ, green tea, ... ... but i'm sure you know all that already.
get enough rest. i hope you feel better soon.
As I am still recovering, I can definitely sympathize with you. Get as much rest as you can while you're able -- and forget about work! Recover quickly! You're missed (by your cats and by us).
ReplyDeleteUgh. Being sick is no fun!! I heard that sometimes one gets sick after a flu shot because they body is busy attacking the injection you were given and that allows another strain of flu an open door to your immune system.
ReplyDeleteDon't know if it's true or not, but I've heard too many people getting sick after the flu shot to feel comfortable getting one myself.
Take care of yourself and get better!
Sorry to hear you have it..I am just getting it now..I can relate to the cold/hot problem, and the cats being too hot. They are about to throw me out the door, I think. I hope you are over it quickly!
ReplyDeleteJean
Get better soon Meilian... you need to be well for the Chinese New Years!
ReplyDelete~intensely
Hi,Koala,do you feel better now?
ReplyDeleteIt is so wonderful to have much greet when you are in sick.
May you be well.
Have a pleasant weekend^^