I spent the afternoon walking with my father. We walked all around my property. We walked to the top of the hill where I prefer my picnics. He inspected the house and barn. He seemed pleased with what he saw though he made suggestions to improve the fences.
Mother spent the afternoon shopping with Mother Bing. It seems I have not stocked my pantry properly. Mother said if she is going to cook she must have proper ingredients. I tried to convince her she is on holiday and need not cook yet she insists that I am not fed properly and that is why I am unmarried still. I told her of Coastie and his interest. She asks why he waits then answers her own question with telling me I am too thin and do not have enough to attract his attention so he will marry me. *sigh*
I have told them of Coastie. Mother asked if he has been here long. As I told her he was not from China I showed her his photo. "But he is not Chinese!" Father replied to her , "She is not in China. Why would he be Chinese? Also, he is a navy man. He will provide well." My father surprises me at times.
As I predicted, I awoke to Jiao sleeping before the tv. After she woke, Cherry came and took her to her house. There she was put upon a horse to ride for the afternoon. They rode most of the trails. Cherry says Jiao is a natural rider and would do very well with training.
I had hoped to go out to dinner tonight for their first dinner in America. Mother would not have it. When I returned from my morning at work she complained she had already started dinner and it would be foolish to waste it. I have told her not to prepare dinner tomorrow.
There will be enough trouble when she discovers I have paid to have food brought to us for our New Year celebration.
Meilian, dear, there still time. CANCEL the order. mom would not be happy :( don't tell me i didn't warn you.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! i hope you get plenty of 压岁钱 :D
Woooo... Father reacted favorably to Coastie the navy man! Yay! Don't you love it when you are pleasantly surprised by your parents?
ReplyDeleteAbout being fed properly so that you can be married off... can I come over for dinner sometime while your mom is around....?
Hopefully your parents will begin to relax and enjoy their vacation. I'm guessing that it is hard to get used to seeing their daughter living in a different way, and as part of a different culture.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I do know about Mothers. They want to feel needed, even by their adult daughters. I'm with Aafrica--cancel the food order! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like your Father is indeed proud of you and your accomplishments. YAY! :D we so knew he would be--but still--YAY!! :D
Happy New Year's! Have a good celebration, and enjoy your family.
ReplyDeleteJean