It has been as I thought of it to be.
I have retrieved my guests from the airport. Father and Mother have wasted no time finding their bed and sleeping. Who can find fault in that. Twenty hours sitting in a airplane is tiring. I know this for I have done it. The size of the airplane is irrelevant.
The greetings were light with many tired smiles. The drive home was quiet. Father assumed the front passenger seat. He said he wished to see the way we go. We were not passed the exit gate before he was asleep. Mother did much better. She remained awake until we left the lights of the city behind. It was obvious as her familiar cheerful chatter suddenly ceased.
Jiao was full of energy. She did not wish to miss anything even though it was dark. She quietly continued from where Mother stopped. It has been very long since I spoke so much of my natural language! Well, with exception of the occaisional lecture to a wayward horse at 3am.
Who has been with a 5 year old child and endured endless questions? Then you know of the drive with Jiao.
Father and Mother woke long enough to leave the car and enter the house and for me to show them where their bed was. Jiao is as I thought she would be. She is laid across a pillow on the floor in front of my TV. Having cable with many stations is sure to keep her occupied for some time though I do see sleep in her eyes.
Tomorrow will see their true reaction.
I'm glad that your family made it safely. Don't worry, it will all go well.
ReplyDeleteplease tell them 'welcome to america' for me :)
ReplyDeleteGlad they made it safely. Please tell them "Welcome" from all of us...and tell them there are several people that think their daughter is great, very successful, and very well raised.
ReplyDeleteHave fun with them,
Jean
You have such a gift with creating words to create movies in our minds!
ReplyDeleteI found myself sitting in your car as a silent passenger, watching your travel through the night with your sleepy family, listening to your sisters excited chatter.
How cool they arrive on valentines day.
ReplyDelete