I am better now. At the least I am able to think of other things than misery. It is a good time for it to be so.
Father arrives Wednesday. It would not make the proper impression for him to arrive while I am ill. What little illness remains will be shrugged away and my greetings will have appropriate energy.
I had thought to take leave of my work during their visit. Father insists I do not. Big Boss insist I do. I will compromise. I will greet my parents at the airport and bring them home. For this Mother Bing has insisted I use her car since it is much larger than mine. I will settle them in their places and feed them if they desire. I assume they will retire quickly save, perhaps, Jiao. She will be eager to begin her American experience. I anticipate waking only to discover her asleep before the tv.
Thursday I will work. Father says little travel will be desired since they will still seek rest from the flying. Mother will explore the house locating those things she will require for the day (for cooking and such). Jiao will be eager so I have asked nieces to visit her soon after their school is finished and show her things. Father has seen to her english also so there will be few difficulties. I will tell her to ask of what she does not know and to not be ashamed of it. The nieces are accustomed to me so they will expect her questions and will happily answer them.
I will work only part of the day Friday. Father will be ready to begin his visit. I will not work again until the 22nd. Their visit will last another week after that but Father will have a sense of directions and will enjoy time visiting those places he and mother wish.
I must only remember to breath until Father's arrival. I wonder if I could convince Coastie to accompany me to the airport?
Your Father is arriving on Valentines Day! I can't believe it's only a few more days! (sorry, didn't mean to add to the stress).
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking about you and haunting your blog for sneaked in blog updates! (that's a hint for you to UPDATE us on the Father visit! :D
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers..for you all to enjoy this visit very much. I'm sure Coastie will go with you if you truly wish, if he can. I hope everyone enjoys themselves. Update us if you can!
ReplyDeleteJean
ooooh, mom's cooking ...
ReplyDeleteTwo weeks with the parents? Yikes! You'll need a vacation afterwards. I hope you'll find time to write while they're visiting. Either way, enjoy your time with them. And, I'm glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteAll your hard work will be paid off! Relax and have a wonderful time.
ReplyDelete