Pages

Thursday, March 06, 2025

A Fun Week So Far

 

I have finished a week of substituting at the high school. I have missed teaching.

Much to the surprise of the students, I knew the subject matter (calculus) and was able to conduct a legitimate class. The students had hoped for a clueless fill-in that would allow them a week of no studies. Since I know their teacher, I knew what she was teaching and where she was leading them. They were sorely disappointed.

Despite the surprise of real class work, the students were wonderful to be in class with. The usual characters were present of course; the jokester, the prankster, the “Sheldon” (you know, the one that knows he is smarter than everyone else). I believe I would have enjoyed full-time teaching here very much. I will be sure to apply at our next posting as soon as we discover where it is.

In my dance class I was informed I met a dancing milestone. I broke a heel on my shoe during a paso doble. It is a VERY active dance. I was informed you may not call yourself a dancer until you have broken a heel doing a paso doble. Yay me! Perhaps I should pay the $150.00 for the recommended shoes. The fall was very entertaining for Chao lei it seems, based on his loud laugh. Jun thought it was just another part of the dance.

So, I worked, played, and looked foolish for my children. It was a great week! I should do it again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to substitute teach! I can tell how much you enjoy teaching!

    ReplyDelete