We have an HHG delivery date! September 4th. Now to see how well our things traveled.
There always is damage in a PCS move. It is only a question of how much there is. Our last PCS was from Florida to Japan (6900 miles) and there was some damage but nothing too expensive. It was only a $700 claim. This move is 10,000 miles so there is even greater potential for damage. We will not speak of the claims process beyond saying it is tedious.
When we shopped for our house, I had my furniture in mind. We were fortunate to find a house where my furniture might fit well. The layout and feel of this house are slightly different from our last so I will not know for certain until my furniture arrives. Perhaps my future is the “Great Furniture Sale.”
I have been told that there are furniture rental companies that cater to military families. I am not confident it would work for us. I have young children and it is well known what that means. I use Scotch guard by the gallon as it is. I do not believe I would ever relax with rented furniture. Renting furniture with young children in the house would be akin to buying a white couch while married to a mechanic.
On the baby front… you can have this shortness of breath. I have two other children to chase. I have also returned to being “Mrs. Potts.” It seems I am unable to move about without knocking something over. My back hurts but thankfully it is not as it was with Chao lei where I was bedridden. And finally, my legs have been cramping at night and waking me. All I can do through this is to keep chanting, “It will be worth it when Su Zahn Rose arrives.”
Is this military life not an adventure? Who else lives every day of their life not being sure what tomorrow will bring?
The last month or so of a pregnancy is so physically hard, but yes, it is always, always worth it.
ReplyDelete