Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2024

19 and one half

 

I have had a startling thought. Jared is now at 19 and one half years in the military. He is quickly approaching retirement eligibility. There have been no recent mentions of retirement from him. I have not asked about it recently either.

We have had good times, bad times, and times that are difficult to categorize. I am not confident of how I would react if Jared were to announce he is retiring but I do know the Navy is not forever. Jared loves the Navy but that does not mean it loves him back. It will leave him if it is in their best interest.

What is on my mind is, should I make preemptive plans for retirement? Just in case plans so that a surprise is not so shocking. I definitely prefer to be prepared as much as I can be for any situation. At the same time, I do not want to give Jared the idea that I wish for him to retire right now.

Given the obvious less than positive things (missiles being launched toward the ship and such) going on right now, I still love the life the Navy has afforded me and my family. It is the military and it comes with risks. It has encouraged me to pray… a lot.

How many families have been able to travel through Asia and now Europe? Though I would rather explore the US, it is not so bad exploring other countries for now. So, until I return to CONUS, I will enjoy what is available to me and see what many others only read about

No comments:

Post a Comment