Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Changes to Celebrate?
Things begin to loosen again. Venues open again. Travel is less restricted again. There is tomorrow though so things may change. It is the Navy, change is normal.
June is remaining quiet and content. She seems to be a happy baby by disposition. This is a good thing for me. I am resting more which was not the case with Chao lei. A photo session has been scheduled for her first pictures. Jared was unable to work on her room beyond assembling her bed. He arrived home and is again gone.
One thing has us questioning the future. Jared's detailer is vague when asked of our next assignment. He claims "something" is not complete so he cannot accurately detail him. We have our suspicions. Rumors are notoriously unreliable but many times there is a kernel of truth to be found. One of those rumors is several ships will be rotating command soon due to retirements and promotion.
Jared has completed his schools. He has met all of his qualifications. He has been an XO long enough for experience and in his fitness reports, his captain has recommended him to advance. Adding rumor to deduction, the "something" could be the possibility of Jared getting command of a ship. I remind myself, it is only rumor and guessing but it is a thrilling thought. His rank will not change any time soonsince he does not have sufficient time as a commander but his title would change to Captain. If it should be that this is, I would probably be annoyingly proud.
June's pictures will come soon. I promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I cannot wait to see June's photos, I bet she is so precious! I hope your suspicions about Jared's promotion are correct. Big love to you all!
ReplyDeleteOhhhh the unpredictability of the military! I hope your suspicions are correct! Also, I cannot wait to see sweet June. I hope you're doing wonderfully!
ReplyDelete