Pages

Wednesday, May 06, 2020

I Got Them Excited

If you are curious how anxious people are because of CoVid-19, all one need do is get the flu.

I did just that. Last Sunday I was feeling a little ill but it quickly got worse from there. I found myself shivering and feeling very nauseous. By Monday morning I felt as if I was dying. It was typical flu. I have no idea where I got it. One would believe it unlikely that flu could be caught since we are sheltering in place for CoVid-19 and these measures are supposed to stop it.

The hospital's response was what I would label as overdone. Masks and gloves were expected. HazMat suits were too much. The questions were numerous and my answers were, at least I thought, obvious. I was sweating, shivering, nauseous, aching, coughing; all those things you feel during flu. It was so overdone as to cause me to think I was a suspect in a crime... same questions over and over. Some of the staff seemed to be openly hostile toward me. Here I will say, a swab up your nose is not pleasant. Especially when it feels as if they are attempting to gather brain matter through your nose. after much poking and prodding, I was finally ordered to home with no stopping anywhere. Really? I have the flu. I had no desire to go to the hospital in the beginning. Why would I desire to be anywhere other than my house?

Now I am becoming better and do not feel as ill. What I have learned from this is if I begin to feel ill again... remain silent, dry the sweat on my face frequently, do not cough where I may be heard and insist I am not ill.

So how was your week?


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Mei! I'm so sorry you caught the flu - and pregnant no less. That's such an awful feeling, so I'm glad you're starting to be in the mend! Our week has been busy but good. I'm hopeful our COVID restrictions will ease up soon!

    ReplyDelete