Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Something new

Being isolated brings challenges of what to do with oneself. I have read, and in some cases re-read every book in my house. Including technical manuals that seem to find their way here. There is limited outside activity that does not involve someone querying your social distancing skill and there is no mercy on someone who sneezes during allergy season. So I have set out to discover something that occupies my time until everything returns to normal.

I believe I have discovered that thing. So far though, it is proving to be expensive. Understandably, there is always the initial cost of acquiring basics. Just acquiring the first two pieces cost $578.00. Added to that cost was a few supplies to start but I see more purchasing in my future.

Jared was quite stunned to see the purchase amount. In my defense, I generally spend very little and my savings are more than enough to pay this initial cost. Also, I do not have a ship to go to every day to escape the isolation as he does.

My new machines are a Cricut Explore Air 2 (It is the one in the middle) and a Cricut Easy Press 2. I am sure I will rearrange my room to fit them better but this is the space I have at the moment. Perhaps soon I will have many projects to show but for now I play with it to learn what I can do with it. 

I believe the most difficult (and expensive) part will be acquiring the basic needs such as papers of differing kinds, vinyl and transfers. I look forward to and will probably start with transfers. Family shirts. Ship shirts! I have seen socks with printing on them. 

So many projects to choose from. Pictures of projects are so overwhelming to settle on the first to be done but there will be a first!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh I can't wait to see what you do with these new tools! I've wanted a Cricut forever, but having just lost my job, I can't justify the cost right now lol

    ReplyDelete