Freckles. I have freckles. It seems 19 weeks of pregnancy causes freckles. Now I have freckles to accompany my mustache. To be honest, I almost wish it was as last time and Jared was not here for this part of pregnancy. Almost ;-) He did not see these changes so much and did not have opportunity to identify them. I know he is not being cruel when he identifies changes but it does not change my desire that he be not so observant of them.
This pregnancy also does not contribute to good moods since we are sheltering in place. I watch the news of the states and see people moving about despite the "Stay home, stay healthy" orders. I believe these people would die here in Japan. The commander says stay home and that is what you do. If one does go outside, social distancing (I am coming to dislike those words) is rigidly enforced.
I understand it. It is an inconvenient necessity if we are to move beyond the virus. I believe most people understand it. I also understand this is a fluid situation and will change now and then. Now we, civilian and military, are required to wear masks when outside and unable to maintain our six feet of spacing. I do not always wear my mask but I do leave it about my neck. Some people seem to think it is unnecessary and do not wear theirs. When these people approach I can quickly pull my mask up. I do not do this because of unreasonable fear of the virus but rather I wish to avoid being scolded and possibly penalized by an official because the other person was neglectful.
Discovering activities for Chao lei is a challenge. There is only so much school work to be done. His normal activities are seriously curtailed. He is bored with his hobbies. Normally he reads but we are constantly out of books to read. I am loath to allow too much tv. It is a bad habit I do not wish to encourage but I am running out of things to occupy him.
I envy Jared since he is able to leave home every day. A disadvantage of living off base here is I must have a demonstrable reason to enter the gates onto the base. I must constantly remind myself I am not the only one that must live this way. My teeth remain gritted though.
No comments:
Post a Comment