I was not without the company of sailors though. Relax. They were both female and quite entertaining. Chao lei loved the attention he received from them. The Navy, in its wisdom, assigned to me two enlisted sailors. It is not that I have a prejudice against enlisted but given how awkward some people become, it is likely a fortunate thing that the Commander was not here. I usually insist rank be left at the door but the separation is so ingrained it is difficult for people to relax. The fact that Jared was not home allowed my guest to relax which made me happy.
The weather has gotten better. At the least, it is not as dreary as Thanksgiving day. Now we see moments of sunshine in the afternoon between rain showers. I would have enjoyed taking a walk but it was too miserable. With the passing of the holiday, Chao lei has returned to school so there is no one to share the improving weather with.
It is just as well. I return to the classroom tomorrow and for the remainder of the week. Worse yet, finals approach. I have already posted much information and offered a schedule for receiving help. Some have been intelligent and sought assistance early, some will wait until late and some will be thick and ask too late. We are in the late category now. I expect my inbox to explode beginning this week. lol
The sun is forecasted to be out on Sunday. Perhaps, as a reward for not abandoning students, I will join it with a hike or perhaps a shopping walk.
I'm glad you were able to find the bright side, Mei, and enjoy the holiday with the enlisted sailors! We, too, have fed some of Ryan's enlisted soldiers and, inevitably, they feel awkward not saying "Chief" or "sir," and then it's just a bit strange. I wish there weren't such a divide, though I know it's for a good purpose! I hope the sun shone bright on Sunday!
ReplyDelete