Pages

Friday, December 20, 2019

Life Interrupted

Life can be cold. I have lost Father Bing unexpectedly. A sudden illness has taken him. I will go home to be with Mother Bing and Heather.

Father Bing was not truly my father. He simply welcomed me to the family and treated me as a daughter. He offered me good advice, often. He stood for my father when my father was unable. When I was to meet Jared's parents for the first time, he acted as my father and stood by me as I worried of my impressions. He wiped tears from my eyes. He encouraged me. He was unafraid to fully assume the role of father for me in my new home.

Now my heart will ache for a time because he is no longer with me just as if he were my birth father. I will miss hearing his voice when I call and his humor at my expense.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Mei. I remember your stories of Father Bing many years ago. He seemed like a kind and generous father figure. I wish you and your Oregon family well during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss, Mei. Family is chosen, not just given, and it must hurt terribly to lose someone so close. My deepest prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete