The first bummer of the tour is no Navy Ball for me. The ship is gone, so are other ships. I suppose I could go alone and I did consider it but I discovered I will not be alone in not going. We have decided we will have our own little party for the spouses left behind. And children will be welcome so there is no need for childcare. We will be miserable together. lol
I did not miss what is coming now. It is AC/Heating changeover time. For those who do not know, this is the time the military has decided it is no longer warm enough to warrant air conditioners and shuts them off. The outside temperature is irrelevant. It does not affect me as it does many others because I live off-base and may set my own preferred temperatures in my home. However, I must suffer with the rest when I utilize any public building on base. Sometimes it is not so bad but more often than not, the weather disagrees with the Navy's calendar of temperatures and so we must be uncomfortably warm. It is done again in spring time but then we must be uncomfortably cold if we are without sweaters and such. Autumn change is the worst though.
Chao lei has experienced his first face time with his father. He is not impressed. After being excited to speak to his father, in only a few minutes he was ready to return to his routine with no further thought. I attempted to sooth Jared for it. I know he understands his son is only 7 years and maybe a presume too much of his feelings but I know how I would feel should my son do so to me. Even with the requisite "I love you" and goodbyes, I would still feel hurt. I think in time, Chao lei will be more enthusiastic of our face time.
There remains no explanation for the so soon return of the ship but then again, I have no real need to know so why would they tell me? It gave me extra time with Jared and that is enough explanation for me. Hopefully the deployment will not last longer to replace those days in port.
All that remains to question now is how long? Our last time was 19 weeks before a short break then 8 more. I am happy I am not as some families must suffer longer deployments but I also know our family is separated more often. I am unsure if I would prefer the longer deployments over the more often deployments.
No comments:
Post a Comment