Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Friday

I know it is not your Friday but it is mine. ;-)

It always irritates me that I cannot break myself fromfollowing Jared's routines even when he is not here. It is Friday morning yet I find myself awake and unable to return to sleep because that is not the routine. I envy Chao lei since he seems able to overcome it easily. He is sleeping peacefully while I struggle to think of what to do with myself.



So far, I have prepared my self breakfast. I chose jianbing. It is simple pancake and egg. I thought of congee but did not feel patient enough to prepare it. It is not difficult to make but it takes more time. An advantage is, I have the ingredients ready for Chao lei when he wakes.


With my breakfast complete, there are a few hours before I have anything I need to do and that is ready Chao lei for school. After that, my day is empty. I am not accustomed to having nothing to do. Dorothy is not here so I am unable to do anything with her. Shopping alone is not enjoyable. There is only so much walking to be done, especially with the rain. My violin can only be played so much.

I must return to my habits of our last sea duty. I cannot believe I am saying this but I hope there are no more breaks in sea duty. Changing from sea to shore and back is more difficult that I would have imagined. I will settle for sea duty only. At the least then, I can become settled to my routine.



1 comment:

  1. I think that's a normal sentiment, Mei! It's almost easier when the tour is underway, if only for you to find your own routine again. Interruptions are so hard because you can't establish your own baseline. Praying you find your new routine and comfort zone soon!

    ReplyDelete