Pages

Friday, August 30, 2019

It Is Not October Yet

Jared has always found a strange enjoyment of startling me. He is careful to not terrorize me. I would not tolerate that. It is usually only small things to make me jump or squeak; usually both. My reactions are apparently "cute."

Usually, his stunts to startle me are somewhat infrequent and, to a point, I have become accustomed to this. October, however, is his time to indulge. In his words, it is what October is all about. It is a spooky month deserving of many pranks.

I understand his view. But it is not October yet. Why is there a sudden urgency to behave as if it is? I am again forced to anticipate what prank will come next. I cannot open a cabinet door or blindly put my hand into my purse for fear of what will happen next. Will an airhorn sound if I sit down? What will happen when I enter my own home?

I wonder if it is because of the impending deployment and he is afraid he will miss something. I love that he plays with me and be sure I have given back as well as I have been given; imagine me setting a prank on the ship where I have no access and he thought himself perfectly safe. Now he knows better. I have 300 confederates. lol

The difference of us is he is incessant. I must build stress before I retaliate. I suppose the ratio is 3 or 4 to 1. My best are when he is where he believes himself safe and make up for having less pranks than he. My last on ship prank lasted for weeks before he could discover source.

I suppose I should consider that October has come early. If so, let my retaliation begin.

1 comment:

  1. I think men, in general, love to play pranks on us! My husband loves to see me shriek when he startles me - it's his favorite thing. I'm glad you give it right back to him though. It's always better when you have fellow servicemen and women helping you out, too!

    ReplyDelete