Pages

Thursday, August 08, 2019

Good Day, Bad Day and Really Great Day

I love the Friendship Festival. It is as the base has converted to a carnival. Traffic is terrible; car and foot. It is wise to avoid the main gate if possible. It is fortunate for us that, this time, we live close to the Womble gate. The festival is primarily for adults but there were some activities for children. Chao lei had no difficulties being entertained.

The Child Development Center was not my friend. It was fortunate that Jared was not away since Chao lei needed to be retrieved from the center. I was at the university and unable to retrieve him so I called Jared and he was able to get away. The air conditioner stopped working so we were required to retrieve children. At 87° and 79% humidity, it was certainly a prudent call.

I admit, I am taking some time to adjust to the weather. When we first arrived it was not so warm. Now it remains at the upper 80's+ and cools at night to only the lower 80's. The humidity is what causes one to be uncomfortable. It remains in the 70%+ range. Why I am so uncomfortable is unknown. It is not as if Pensacola was much different. Perhaps riding the train with a million other people has something to do with it.


I am surprised that my car is already known by many of the crew. I suppose it is because Jared has been driving it. What I know is, when I get out of the car with one of these...
… several crew members pay close attention and disembark the ship to see if there are more. 

There were eight more trays awaiting them. There were supposed to be nine more trays but Jared took one tray this morning knowing the enlisted crew do not share well. I suspect I will receive ten empty trays tonight when Jared returns home. I will be happy when Dorothy's hhg arrive and she is able to help me with her cookie sheets and utensils. So my first cookie delivery is done. I am again Aunt Mei.

I may successfully start again where I ended the last tour. I have returned to Japan with my husband and son, I am returning to the university to teach and  my sailors are my family again. Who would wish a different life?






No comments:

Post a Comment