Here we are just arrived. I saw my husband and he showed us our new home. Now he is gone after only 2 days. The return to sea duty has happened without mercy. I do not know why I would have thought it would be different. The last time at the least the ship was in dry dock for some time.
It is fortunate that I have been here before. I know where most things are and know how to find my way around our neighborhood and, most importantly, how to get to the base. I am also fortunate that a car was bought before the Cmdr left. My Japanese license remains valid so there is no test to be done again.
Now, if only my hhg would arrive. Base furniture serves its purpose but is not to my tastes. When the shipment is delivered, which is supposed to be next week (it's always next week), decorating will begin in earnest. Bare walls remain ugly despite of the beauty of the house.
Mother has written and expressed her desire to visit soon. She wishes to see a Japanese house rather than a military tower apartment. She also threatens to bring Jiao since her last visit was to care for my house after Chao lei was born.
Arrive in Japan, check. See my husband, check. adjust to time difference, in progress. Show happiness of return, check. Actually be happy I have returned, tbd.
I hope that your household goods arrive soon! It can be so hard to put your stamp on your new place without them. I'm sorry your husband is already gone on sea duty. No separation is easy, and I can only hope you find peace and your new normal soon. Thinking of you!
ReplyDelete